DVA450, Scientific theory and research methods, 5.0 credits (3.3 "old credits")
- To be introduced to concepts and problems in the philosophy of science
- To study research methods in science and technology, especially computer science
- To be able to search for information and to have a critical attitude
- To be able to write, review, and present scientific papers
- To be able to oppose others' presentations
After completed the course, the student shall be able to:
- explain central concepts and problems in science theory
- analyze scientific and pseudo-scientific texts and make critical examination of these
- review scientific articles
- describe some important research methods in computer science
- write a scientific article (based on own work or information found in scientific articles or similar), relate the article to science theory and research, and present this article
- oppose others' presentations
- practice a critical approach to knowledge, science and research
- Science theory. What is science and what is not? The scientific method for creating knowledge.
- Research methodology in science and technology. Research methodology for computer science.
- Scientific writing. Searching scientific articles. Writing and presentation of a scientific article. Examination and opposition of scientific articles.
Offical syllabus at MDH or
Tillbaka till: Per Erik Strandberg
Tillbaka till: Per Erik Strandbergs kurser
Tillbaka en sida.